- Wivey Pool is open from 29th March to 26th September 2021.
- There are NO outdoor shoes to be worn poolside. Please remove your footwear before entering the poolside. You may leave them in the outside shoe area or include them with your belongings.
- Membership cards must be shown upon entry.
- Under 9 year olds must be accompanied by a responsible person of 18 years or over at all times.
- The responsible person on duty reserves the right to restrict admission of members when the pool is busy. The responsible person on duty reserves the right to close the pool if:-
- a. They are the only responsible adult on the premises.
- b. The number of bathers falls below 5.
- c. The weather or water conditions are not conducive to safe swimming.
- d. As a result of an accident or injury.
- e. If the responsible person believes there is a risk that may cause harm.
- Although the club does provide a qualified lifesaver on duty at all times, all members enter the pool at their own risk. No responsibility for loss, damage, injury or accident will be accepted by the club or committee members.
- All members are expected to adhere to the Pool User Guide, Rules and Code of Conduct.
Do not come to Wivey Pool if you have colds, flu or other infectious illness: have active diarrhoea or have had in the last 14 days.
Do not come to Wivey Pool if you are showing any symptoms of Covid-19 (temperature, cough, difficulty breathing, or anosmia (e.g. loss of taste or smell))
- Wivey Pool is operating a booking system for lane swimming. Swimmers can book one week in advance. We discourage swimmers from turning up ‘on spec’ to avoid disappointment and would ask that you check the online timetable to see if there are any available sessions, or to call the pool.
- Lane swimming: there are 3 lanes – fast, medium and slow. Capacity: max 7 per lane.
- Each lane session will be 40 minutes long: 5 minutes from arrival to enter the water, 30 minutes to swim (whistle to signify end of swim) and then 5 minutes to change and exit your changing area.
- Lane sessions can be booked online. Times of lane sessions are on the booking system.
- Go to the Wivey Pool website www.wiveypool.org for timetables, user guidance and booking instructions. Anyone who is unable to book online please call the pool on 01984 624720.
- We retain the right to revoke memberships and cancel bookings of those people who frequently do not cancel their booked sessions in advance and / or who do not show up.
- From Monday the 26th July, Family swims are daily from 13:00 to 17:00. You do not need to book.
- We encourage ‘beach style’ changing on the poolside ‘Beach style turn up and swim’ especially during lanes:
- Arrive ready to swim. Once you have finished your swim, please leave the changing area as soon as you can.
- To try and reduce time in the changing area, shower at home, pre and post swimming please Please have regard for other swimmers, do not leave your clothing in the changing rooms, they can be stored in the green cubby holes during your swim and vacate the changing room/area as quickly as possible after changing.
- Although government restrictions have been lifted, we ask you to maintain safe levels of distance from others after your swim and avoid touching any surfaces. Bring hand sanitiser with you if you wish.
- People of different standards and abilities will use the pool. Please respect their right to enjoy their swim.
- Do not make physical contact with other participants and members of staff.
Speed and overtaking
- Please do not overtake whilst swimming.
- Before pushing off at each turn, check to see if anyone faster is approaching and let them go ahead of you. Keep yourself to the edge of the lane and turn your head away.
- Please follow the directional signs and move across to the appropriate side of the lane for each length.
- Please respect other swimmers during your swim; if you change stroke as part of your session, think about moving lanes if space permits.
- Whether stopping for a rest or catching your breath after completing your swim, please be mindful that others using the lane will want to keep on swimming without stopping, so keep yourself to the edge of the lane allowing others to turn at the wall.
- Stay hydrated by bringing your own ‘pre-filled’ water bottle onto the poolside during your swim.
- The pool is a smoke and vape free area.
- Dogs [pets] are prohibited, guide/assistance dogs will be admitted.
- The plant and pump room is out of bounds.
- No photography is allowed during scheduled sessions.
- Litter to be placed in bins provided – glass is prohibited.
- No alcohol to be brought into the pool or pool area
- The Pool User Guide, Rules and Code of Conduct must be observed by all swimmers
- Spectators must not obstruct the pool side or distract the Lifeguard on duty.
CODE OF CONDUCT
- It is the responsibility of the individual swimmer to notify the Lifeguard of any health concerns.
- The instructions of the Lifeguard must be adhered to in the interests of safety.
- Non swimmers, as assessed by the Lifeguard, are not allowed beyond the red line. Buoyancy aids must be appropriate and safe for use. Rubber rings without seats in, are not permitted.
- No running on the poolside.
- Diving is only allowed in the designated area in the deep end.
- Entry to the pool by the steps. No bombing, running dives or other entry liable to cause a hazard to other pool users.
- No throwing of equipment or violent behaviour involving equipment including splashing.
- No pushing or throwing people into the pool.
- Inflatables are not permitted in a scheduled session.
- No swearing or abusive language or behaviour.
- Swimmers must wear appropriate swimwear in the water.
- No flippers, snorkels, face masks or rigid hand paddles allowed
- Swimming after the consumption of alcohol or illegal drugs is prohibited
- Please be considerate to other pool users and do not play music on the poolside
THE CLUB IS RUN BY VOLUNTEERS, IN THE INTEREST OF SAFETY PLEASE ABIDE BY THESE RULES.
THE TRUSTEES AND MANAGEMENT RESERVE THE RIGHT TO ASK PEOPLE TO LEAVE IF THEIR BEHAVIOUR BREACHES THE POOL USER GUIDE, RULES AND CODE OF CONDUCT. THIS COULD RESULT IN MEMBERS BEING BARRED FROM FURTHER SWIMMING THAT DAY. PERSISTENT NUISANCE COULD RESULT IN TEMPORARY OR PERMANENT EXPULSION FROM THE CLUB WITHOUT REFUND.
POOL CONTACT NUMBER 01984 624720 (during opening times only)