Due to the Covid-19 virus, the Wiveypool managers and Trustees have tried to devise systems so that you and other swimmers can use the pool in a way that enables you to enjoy the pool whilst maintaining safe distancing. The experience will be very different to normal so we ask that you read the below and then sign up for membership if you are still happy to do so.
Please continue reading. Access to the booking form is toward the end of this page.
- Wiveypool are open from 18th July to 27th September 2020.
- Wiveypool are operating a booking system in order to control capacity and maintain safe distancing. Swimmers can book one week in advance. We discourage swimmers from turning up ‘on spec’ and would ask that you check the online timetable to see if there are any available sessions, or to call the pool.
- Lane swimming: there will be 3 lanes – fast, medium and slow. Capacity: max 7 per lane.
- Family swimming: Following the latest Swim England Guidance (v6), we will be removing the lane ropes so that the whole pool is available. We are decreasing the number of sessions to 4 per day and increasing each session to 1 hour in duration (up to 45 mins in the water). Individuals should still keep their distance from people outside their household and we are therefore restricting the total number of users to 30 per session. Spectators are not permitted, with the exception of one adult who is attending with their swimming child/children.
- The tuck shop will be closed.
- The changing rooms will be closed. Instead there will be ‘beach style’ changing on the poolside (see below).
Booking and timetables for lane swim and family swim sessions
- Wiveypool are operating a booking system in order to control capacity and maintain safe distancing.
- Each lane session will be 40 minutes long, with 5 minutes from arrival to enter the water, a 30 minute swim (whistle to signify end of swim) and then 5 minutes to change and exit (bell to signify exit time).
- Each family session will be 55 minutes long, with 5 minutes from arrival to enter the water, a 45 minute swim (whistle to signify end of swim) and then 5 minutes to change and exit (bell to signify exit time).
- Each member is entitled to book 5 sessions per week. This may increase or decrease dependent upon demand. These are bookable one week in advance. ie. on Monday of week 1 you can book for w/c week 2. There will be a list of names to fill spare slots.
- Both lane sessions and family sessions can be booked online.
- Go to the Wiveypool website www.wiveypool.org for timetables, user guidance and booking instructions. Anyone who is unable to book online please call the pool on 01984 624720.
- We retain the right to revoke memberships, cancel bookings and charge those people who do not cancel their booked sessions in advance and / or who do not show up.
Before leaving home and on your return
- Do not come to Wiveypool if you are showing any symptoms of Covid-19 (temperature, cough, difficulty breathing, or anosmia (e.g. loss of taste or smell), colds, flu or other infectious illness; have active diarrhoea or have had in the last 14 days.
- ‘Beach style turn up and swim’:
- Arrive ready to swim. Once you have finished your swim, leave the venue as soon as you can.
- Shower at home, pre and post swimming (one shower will be available but by arriving wearing your swimwear under your clothing and showering at home pre and post swimming you will help minimise time spent changing, help with maintaining distancing and help maintain the water quality).
- Bring a container for all your belongings, including your footwear.
- Bring hand sanitiser with you if you wish. There will be a wash station at reception.
- Ensure you bring your membership card / booking confirmation with you.
- If you develop symptoms of Covid-19 within 14 days of your swim, please contact the pool and let us know.
- Please remove your footwear before entering the poolside and include with your belongings.
- Please observe the one way system around the pool.
- Whilst on the poolside and in the pool, follow the Wiveypool guidance on social distancing, direction of travel and other risk control measures that are put in place.
- Use wash stations / hand sanitiser wherever available.
- On arrival, you will be allocated a 2m x 2m personal belonging area on the poolside. Please avoid touching any surfaces at all times.
- Spend as little time as possible in the personal belonging area and maintain safe levels of distance.
- There will be a cubicle available for anyone who is absolutely unable to change ‘beach style’. Please book this in advance.
In the pool
- Follow the one way system around the poolside when entering and exiting the pool.
- People of different standards and abilities will use the pool. Please respect their right to enjoy their swim.
- Do not make physical contact with other participants and members of staff.
Speed and overtaking
- Please do not overtake whilst swimming.
- Before pushing off at each turn, check to see if anyone faster is approaching and let them go ahead of you. Keep yourself to the edge of the lane and turn your head away.
- Please follow the directional signs and move across to the appropriate side of the lane for each length.
- Always attempt to maintain appropriate social distance between yourself and another swimmer.
- Butterfly stroke is not permitted. If you change to a slower stroke as part of your session, think about moving lanes if space permits.
- Whether stopping for a rest or catching your breath after completing your swim, please be mindful that others using the lane will want to keep on swimming without stopping; so keep yourself to the edge of the lane allowing others to turn at the wall, turning head away and allowing others to maintain social distancing measures.
- Stay hydrated by bringing your own ‘pre-filled’ water bottle onto the poolside during your swim.
Click here for the membership form. Subscriptions are not available this year. Payment can be online by bank transfer through GoCardless, Paypal or cash/cheque at the pool.
Annual Membership fees 2020
- Full Price Gold Adult Membership (18+) – £70.00
- Full Price Adult Membership (18+) – £45.00
- Full price Student / Junior (3-18) Membership – £35.00
- Family Student / Junior (3-18) Membership – £15.00
- Baby (0-3) free
(Refunds of membership fees are at the discretion of the pool managers and trustees).
Admission Fees – Children go free. Adults can choose Adult Membership @ £45 and pay 50p per swim at the pool or select the ‘Gold Card’ for free admission at all sessions during the summer season.
Daily Membership/Visitors with Admission Fees (book online & pay on the gate):
Daily Membership:- With GiftAid Without GiftAid
Adults £5.00 £4.50
Children (3-18) £4.50 £4.00
Spectators (one adult only accompanying swimming child/children) – 50p
Babies – free of charge, however a small donation is welcome.