Membership of Wiveypool
(1) Membership of Wiveypool shall be open to any person over the age of 18 years interested in furthering the objects and upon completion of the application form and payment of the membership fee laid down from time to time by the Executive Committee.
(2) Junior membership is available to children under 18 when the parent or legal guardian has signed the application form and paid the membership fee. Voting rights are vested in the signatory and not the junior member.
(3) Temporary membership without voting rights will be available for:
– those aged 18 and over upon payment of the inclusive swimming fee and provided that they sign their acceptance of the Charity’s published conditions, rules and code of conduct
– children under 16 upon the same terms and conditions except that the signatory must either be the parent or another acceptable responsible adult.
(4) Every member shall have one vote, subject to clauses 5(2) and 5(3) of this constitution.
(5) The Executive Committee may by unanimous vote and for good reason terminate the membership of any individual; provided that the individual concerned shall have the right to be heard by the Executive Committee, accompanied by a friend, before a final decision is made. No member whose membership has been thus terminated may be admitted again to the Charity’s premises unless membership has been restored.
(6) Membership for one season commences on the date it is granted by the Executive Committee and is deemed to terminate on the day before the pool first opens for the next season.