Conditions of hire:
- The person hiring the pool must accept liability and appoint a person over 18 years to be in attendance and accept total responsibility, having read the WCSPC Code of Conduct & responsible person role.
- Adults must be in attendance for all groups of children under 16 years of age.
- Minimum of 1 adult up to 10, 8-15yrs olds inclusive
- 1 x adult per 2 children* under 7 years old or weak/non-swimmers
If the lifeguard assesses that greater supervision is required, they will direct that 1 to 1 supervision is required.
- The group or person hiring the pool must have a qualified Lifeguard/s on the pool side, who is approved by the WCSPC committee [WCSPCC] & appropriately insured. The hire fee includes the cost of one lifeguard for up to 20 swimmers. For 21-40 swimmers and for a group of inexperienced swimmers or very young children you will need to book 2 lifeguards. 40+ swimmers will require 3 lifeguards.
- The instructions of the Lifeguard/s must be adhered to in the interests of safety.
- Food may be brought into the pool area with the prior approval of the WCSPCC.
- No alcohol or glass containers are permitted in the pool or pool area.
- Any damage to the pool, its surroundings or equipment, must be reported immediately to the lifeguard and also the pool manager. An incident form must be recorded in the incident/accident book located in the office. The hirer will pay any cost arising.
- All accidents to be reported to the lifeguard and to be recorded in the incident/accident book located in the office.
- NB. The first aid box is located on the shelf in the office and the lifeguard will advise on its use.
- A telephone for emergency use is located in the office
- The shop is not open during private hires. Special arrangements can be made for it to be open; please contact the pool regarding this.
- Use of the pool may be suspended in circumstances where our safety procedures dictate.
- Pool users must comply with the pool code of conduct.
- All the group enter the pool and premises at their own risk.
- No responsibility for loss, damage or accident, howsoever arising, will be accepted by the Trustees or the club.
- Bookings may be rescheduled but not within 7 days of the hire.
The code of conduct and pool rules can be viewed here code of conduct & pool rules
PLEASE LEAVE THE POOL AND SURROUNDINGS AS YOU FOUND THEM